Usually, garlic bread is the perfect pairing to pizza or pasta (to name just a few dishes!) but here at Goodfella’s we feel it deserves to have its own main character moment.
So, it’s only right that we pay homage to the humble garlic bread. From its versatility to its burst of buttery garlicky goodness, there’s a reason why we love it. It’s perfect in every way and there are a variety of meals that go with garlic bread. Some of our favourites include:
- Spaghetti Bolognese – the obvious choice for a garlic bread feast!
- Pasta bake – fresh out of the oven, pasta bake loaded with stringy cheese is the perfect dish to pair garlic bread with
- Soup – garlic bread may not be the obvious pairing with soup, but a hit of buttery goodness soaked in your favourite soup can be the perfect home comfort
- Salad – run out of croutons but fancy adding a little crunch to your Caesar salad? Garlic bread just might be your saviour…
Is your mouth drooling yet? If so, check out more of our garlic bread meal ideas below (and just a slight head’s up, some of these ideas may be slightly unconventional! But what is normal really?).
1. Garlic bread pizza
A garlic bread pizza is great for when you fancy creating your own pizza, but don’t want the hassle of making the dough from scratch. For a garlicky take on a classic margherita, add tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and basil to your chosen garlic bread. Nothing beats a classic.
For all the white based pizza fans, don’t worry we’ve got you. Try pairing mozzarella cheese, truffle oil and sautéed garlic mushrooms with a gluten free garlic bread. It’s the perfect garlic bread lunch idea.
2. Garlic breadsticks
Dreaming of fluffy, soft and moreish garlic breadsticks? You have come to the right place! This is a great side dish to serve up at your next dinner party or for when you fancy a tasty snack. Read on to find out how to make these irresistible delights.
- Cook the garlic bread as per the package instructions
- Once cooked and golden brown, cut into long breadstick slices
- Serve with a spicy marinara side dip or a balsamic olive oil dip and enjoy
For the ultimate garlic bread pairing, dish up your breadsticks with a side of crispy salad or keep it simple with a spicy marinara sauce.
3. Garlic bread bruschetta
If you’re after a hearty midday snack, why not try a garlic bread bruschetta? It’s light, refreshing and a twist on an Italian classic. What’s even better is how simple it is to make. You’ll need a flat garlic bread, ripe tomatoes, red onions, minced garlic, basil, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Learn how to make this garlic bread mealbelow:
- Place the flat garlic bread into the oven and cook as per package instructions
- Whilst the garlic bread is cooking, in a bowl add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, chopped tomatoes, onions, garlic, salt and pepper and mix
- Once cooked, remove the garlic bread and top with the tomato mix
- Garnish with a splash of olive oil and basil. Enjoy!
4. Garlic bread chicken sandwich
Take your sandwich game to the next level with a garlic bread chicken sandwich. Take away burgers have nothing on this bad boy. It’s a great lunchtime meal. Simply pair a cheesy garlic bread with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and your chosen sauces, pan fry for that perfect crunch and enjoy. (We wouldn’t recommend taking this into work as it'll be the source of lunchtime envy!)
5. Garlic monkey bread
Now we know what you’re thinking, monkey bread is usually sweet, right? Well, we like to switch it up over here at Goodfella’s. Introducing garlic monkey bread, the garlic bread of dreams! Packed full of buttery goodness, it’s bound to get mouths watering. Serve up at your next party with a roasted tomato dip and wow your crowd with this garlic bread pairing. You will need: garlic bread, mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes, crushed garlic and fresh basil.
- First take the garlic bread out of the freezer to thaw
- Next, in a small bowl prepare the filling by taking mozzarella cheese, cut cherry tomatoes, garlic and chopped basil and combine together
- Once the garlic bread has thawed, cut out medium sized circles with enough space for the filling
- Take one of the circles and add a teaspoon of the filling in the middle, pinch close and roll into a ball. Repeat until you have about 10 balls
- Dip the balls into a garlic butter and place into an oven dish. You can get really creative here and create a shape out of the balls. Place into the oven and cook as per package instructions
- Once cool, dish up your garlic monkey bread with a garlic butter dip
6. Garlic bread nachos
Crispy garlicky goodness, what more could you ask for? Read on to find out how to recreate garlic bread nachos – we think you’re going to love them! You will need: cheesy garlic bread, extra cheddar cheese, salsa, soured cream and jalapenos.
- Cut your cheesy garlic bread into triangles
- In a deep pan oven dish pop in your cheesy garlic bread triangles along with grated cheddar cheese, salsa, and jalapenos
- Place into the oven and cook as per package instructions
- After 10 minutes remove your crispy, cheesy nachos and serve up. (Be careful not to burn yourself!)
- Pair with a side of soured cream and spring onions and enjoy!
Now you’ve got a few garlic bread meal ideas up your sleeve, why not take a look at our range of pizzas? We’ve got something to suit every palate from deep pan pizzas to our delicious vegan pizza range.